1. Give us the moral certitude that your sins are forgiven (John 20:23).
2. It’s a great act of humility and obedience (we are following Christ commendments, 1 John 1:9) that allows us to reflect on our sins and affirm our desire to overcome them.
Note: Repentance is an act of the will, not a feeling. Thereby the act of “going to confession” in itself reflects an inner disposition of the will that seeks forgiveness.
3. Give us an opportunity to make reparations for our sins and help strenghten the Church by doing penance, (James 4:8-10,Daniel 9:3,1 Kings 21:27-29).
4. Give us a bountiful of Graces that helps us grow closer to Christ and weakens our attachments to sin.
5. It opens the door to receive Christ’s body, soul and divinity in the Holy Eucharist (1 Corinthians 11:27).
If you have been away from this awesome sacrament come in! Christ is waiting for you with an open heart, love and forgiveness!