My friend at The Silver Screen Savant nominated me for the prestigious Liebter Awards! Well, as with all of these awards, they served as a great opportunity to get to know people around the blogosphere and introduce blogs to new audiences. Thank you for this great and fun opportunity!!!
I hope that the few dozen friends that visit me take the opportunity to visit his blog at The Silver Screen Savant. He has smart and unique commentaries on movies and documentaries that are not only easy to read but also are fun to read.
Before I take on this Challenge let me leave you with a quote from Dr. Peter Kreeft about the power of movies:
“The imagination is the most powerful force in human nature for good or for evil. Of all the art forms in our culture cinema is the one that most powerfully uses the imagination. Therefore cinema has the most power the most potential for good or evil of all art forms in our culture.”
The Liebster Award is an award for bloggers. It helps to discover new blogs and to build a sense of community in the blogging world! Also it allows me to ramble on about things that aren’t movies.
Okay, so here are the rules:
• Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
• Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
• Nominate 11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
• Let the bloggers know you nominated them
• Give them 11 questions of your own
If you could only read one genre for the rest of your life, what genre would you choose?
The Classics…a lifetime will hardly be enough time to immerse oneself in the richness of authors like Plato, Virgil, Augustine, and Aquinas…
What is your favorite book and why?
To say one or another would feel as if I am betraying a friend…so I dare not say.
Which writer inspires you the most?
The saints by a long, long shot…
What was the first book you ever read?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
Who is your favorite character from any book, movie, tv show etc. and why?
Tough one…but I have to say William Wallace from the movie Braveheart…Freeedom!!!
What is your favorite literary/poetic quote?
Probably anything written by GK Chesterton…
What’s your favorite movie?
The Passion of the Christ…best movie ever made.
What is your favorite place in the entire world? And why?
Home, because that’s where the heart is…
What place have you not visited but would you like to visit the most? And why?
The Eagle and the Child Pub (Oxford)…in order to have a pint in the playing grounds of CS Lewis and Tolkien.
What is your favourite time in history?
Very hard to say…
The first century because you have three events that changed history:
1. The fall of the Roman Republic
2. The rise of the Roman Empire
3. The emergence of Christianity and the early Fathers of the Church
Tell me a random fact about you!
My first doctor was David Tennant…
And my nominees are:
1. Mitch Teemly at The Power of Story
2. Crows Head Soup
3. Sincerely James
4. Hannas Walk
5. Men of one accord
6. Awkward Girl
7. Mrs. Dessert Monster
8. Pacific Paratrooper
9. John Coyote
10. The Conservative Hillbilly
11. Letter and Notes
Note to nominees…first, your blog is awesome. If you feel that an “award post” will break continuity with your post feel free to just respond to the questions…have some fun!
Here are the questions:
1. What is your favorite book and why?
2. If you could write a book what it would be about?
3. Who is your favorite contemporary author?
4. If you could meet someone in history who it would be?
5. What is your favorite movie/tv show?
6. What is the worst movie ever made?
7. What are your hobbies? Besides blogging!
8. What is your favorite place in the world and why?
9. What place have you not visited but would you like to visit the most? And why?
10. What is your favorite literary quote?
11. Tell us a random fact about you…